Sunday, February 13, 2011

Best wishes...

...to those braving the hour waits at restaurants across town tomorrow. It's Valentine's Day for those who forgot! And sorry to the those who didn't want to be reminded.

We have been gearing up for the one of the biggest weekends in the service industry. Thankfully, I was just scheduled to work a double on Friday. I missed the giant Saturday and Sunday rush due to a wonderful weekend in the "Big Easy!" Anyways, I will be back on the floor tomorrow for a dreadful 13 hour shift. I am anxious to see how the turnout will be considering the holiday is on a Monday!

If Friday night's shift foreshadowed anything about Monday's shift...BRING.IT.ON. People were great. Tips were great. Service...well of course, nothing less that excellent. As for Monday, I am trying to think positive; however, I imagine I will see a lot of:
1. "let's sit on the same side of the booth and make this completely awkward" people
2. "out of their element" people....which is expected on Valentine's Day
3. "wine/food experts"...who are really not experts in the least bit...just trying to impress their date
4. "I will have the filet, well done"...if that doesn't kill me enough, they ask for ketchup and BBQ sauce!

Tomorrow night, I will be sure to provide you with a few interesting stories about the most dreaded day in the service industry. Hopefully, I missed the brunt of the storm while I was wining and dining! I will keep y'all updated with stories from the trenches tomorrow night; thus, my mood will most likely be extreme, so look forward to a comical post.


Also, for those of you in a Valentine's rut,  you might find these few suggestions helpful...




If you're out to eat tomorrow...be a sweetheart on Valentine's Day! While your server is waiting on you and your Valentine...he or she is missing out on time with his/her Valentine...or missing out on contemplating what's wrong with himself/herself while getting lost in a few cocktails.

Enjoy your day! Always at your service,
86 sense

No comments:

Post a Comment